Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Framing, Lines, Patterns, and Texture :)

So we were only supposed to upload eight photos for this assignment (two for each kind of photo), but I could not decide which photos to post...I hope you enjoy my billions of photos. ;)

FRAMING

Photobucket

This is my friend a photo of my dear friend, Berklee. I personally love this photo. I think it looks really cool (especially since I'm a dancer!) This is bviously a good example of framing because the door frames her.

Photobucket

This is a door that I found while my dad drove me around. I think it's a good example of framing, because the door frames the windows.

Photobucket

This is another door that I found, and I think this one is a good example of framing because the arch over the door frames the door.

Photobucket

This is a photo of some scaffolding that I found by my dance studio. This is a good example of framing because the scaffolding frames the wall and shadows. This also, shows Leading Lines because the lines of the wall are leading you towards the scaffolding.

Photobucket

This is a photo that I took of a building that had mirror-like walls on the outside. I think it's a good example of Framing because the breaks in the mirrors frame the sky that is being reflected. I also think that this photo is a good example of Leading Line since it leads your eye up to the top part of the sky where it is not being reflected.

LEADING LINES

Photobucket

This is my friend, Emma. Can I just say I LOVE this photo. I tried editing it many different ways, but I felt like this way showed Leading Lines the best. This is because the lines of the wall lead towards Emma. As well, the thing she is sitting on leads your eye towards her.

Photobucket

This is a photo of my friend, Nikki. Again, I love this photo. I love that it is so simple. The lines of the wall lead right towards Nikki and because she is looking away from the camera it makes your eye keep going.

Photobucket

While my dad was driving me around we came up with the idea of taking photos up the sides of the buildings, and I think that this photo definitely shows Leading Line because the gap leads your eye right to the sky.

Photobucket

I think this photo demonstrates Leading Line because the wall leads you towards the things sticking out, then those lead you up even farther towards the sky.

Photobucket

I really like how in this photo the Leading Line is not as obvious. The rock is bumpy and you can see the texture (Hey! Two in one!), but it still leads your eye up.

PATTERN

Photobucket

This is a photo of a fence, and I think it's a good example of Pattern because the fence is all the same but then the leaf breaks it up.

Photobucket

This is a good example of Pattern because even though the rocks are not all the same, they are still making a kind of pattern.

Photobucket

Again, this is the building with the mirror-like walls on the outside. This photo is a good example of pattern because there are consistent breaks in the mirrors. As well, this is a good example of framing because the siding is framing the sky being reflected.

TEXTURE

Photobucket

This is a photo of a fence. It's a good example of Texture because when you look at it you can really see the detail and you can imagine how it would feel if you were to touch it.

Photobucket

This photo is of my friend, Nikki's, hands. I really like the Texture in this photo because you can see the ridges on the wall and imagine what it feels like. Also, you can see the detail in her hands and her nails, and again you can imagine what they would feel like.

6 comments:

  1. holy CRUD, Drew! These images are amazing. I think you really used all four elements very well. I would comment on all the cool pics, but since there are so many amazing ones, I'm going to die and this post will explode. But I stared at all of them for a long period of time because they interested me so much. The angles were amazing and the details and sfkdjakfsajfksjfsafsasfd I think I'm in love. That mirror one, and the fence+leaf one, and-- *explodes*

    the LEAST i can say is.... you definitely know what you're doing, and what line/texture/pattern/framing is.

    GOOD JOB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks, Jezzy! :D I'm glad you like them so much as to stare at them for a long period of time. ;) Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY FRICKEN AHGLAJGFAK! DREW--- *calms self down* Dahling, basically.... I LOVE YOUR PICTURES AND I'M SO FREAKIN JEALOUS!!! I can NOT pick a favorite, I seriously can't! You are such a talented photogapher!!

    You, as Jezzy said, know what you're doing! I love how you took this assignment to the next level and including portraits with it! They are AMAZING! I dream about the day I'm as good as you.... -dreamy sigh- -stares off into space-

    [[WE ARE SORRY, BUT RACHEL SHEARER HAS CHECKED OUT AND GONE TO HER OWN WORLD. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER]]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha Rachel you crack me up! Don't daze off too much looking at them. ;) Thanks though! You guys both put quite a smile on my face. :) I'm glad you like the portraits! I had just a wee bit too much fun. I actually had a TON more, but I grudgingly didn't post them. Sadness. Oh well, they'll probably end up on here at some point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drew these are REALLY impressive. I love the mirror building photos - so creative. I also think you have a gift with portraits and you could make some good money doing photography on the side...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thank you so much! That means a lot coming from you. :)

    ReplyDelete