Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

"Bad Photos"

This week I actually decided to go with a theme: ballet.

I asked Sophie to be my model again and we were lucky enough to have a few minutes in between classes to take some photos! All of these shots are very different than what I'm used to taking, but I actually like them quite a bit. Enjoy!


 photo DSC02566-Crop01small.jpg

A merger

 photo DSC02647small-1.jpg

Out of focus

 photo DSC02602-Crop01small.jpg

Under exposed

 photo DSC02607-Crop01small.jpg

"Accidental" blur

 photo DSC02585small.jpg

Over exposed

I think that a "bad" photo can definitely still be an artistic photo. By breaking the rules and completely changing the way that you take photos you have to get really creative. This assignment made me do that, and I think that I was able to create images that I wouldn't have been able to before. If I had taken some of these exact same shots with a different intention in mind, I wouldn't have liked them. Being artistic means that sometimes you do have to break rules and make things unique and your own. If photos always follow the rules, they aren't always as exciting.



8 comments:

  1. I love your overexposed picture! It kind of gives an angelic feel to your picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really like your over exposed picture :) very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with your analysis. Sometimes breaking the rules is the push we need to start thinking outside of the box and become really creative. For instance, I think your overexposure, out of focus, and motion blur shots really add to the photo instead of take away. I'd love to see you experiment with these elements over the course of this semester and see if you can really add something to your composition(s).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with everyone else, I really like your over exposed photo. It's really interesting trying to go out of the box, isn't it? Some thing I'd suggest is trying next time to get an even more obvious merger, maybe it could be funny, and creative! LOVED your photo's! Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your out of focus and your over-exposed photos! The out of focus one looks kind of vintage just because you can tell what the subject is but you can't see all the details. And your over-exposed photo is super awesome too, just because all the colors seem to go well with the extreme amount of light. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drew,

    I completely agree with you, "bad" pictures can definitely be artistic.
    I really liked your pictures. Even though they were supposed to be bad pictures they turned out looking really good and pretty professional. Like they could be fixed with a little editing software.

    Great pictures! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, not all "bad" photos are bad. I like your over exposed photo the best, but it is a blurry. Maybe try focusing on the image more. Overall, I love your photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your out of focus photo!. It may be a "bad" photo but still just brings out the beauty of ballet slippers.

    ReplyDelete