Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Action Shots

So here are my action shots! :)



This is my attempt at panning.




I set my camera on continuous and took this photo of my friend, Nikki.




Another one of my attempts at panning. I had a really hard time with the panning because somehow I could never get the background to blur and my subject to be in focus. I always had either both of them in focus or both blurry. Oh well! :)




Although the water is basically in focus in this, I still think it shows the motion of the water dropping.




This photo I took while driving. I think it shows motion because all of the lights are going off to the sides and you can tell that we were moving.




Again, I was driving when I took this.





This photo just like the last two, I took while driving. But for this one the blur is mostly because of my cars movement rather than the other cars movements. The road was bumpy which made me move the camera while taking this photo.





I also took this photo while driving, but for this one we were turning the corner so I got a bigger blur.




I was, once again, turning while taking this.




For this photo I used the street lights for my movement instead of the cars.




I used the street lights again on this one, but the street had a lot less lights which made there only be two long streaks. :)



Well, those are all of my action shots!

I tried panning, but obviously that didn't work out very well. Like I said before, I couldn't get the background to blur at the same time that I got my subject in focus.

I didn't figure out how to adjust shutter speed until I did the photos of the lights and even then it wasn't on my camera. I used my dad's camera for almost all of these photos actually. Anyway I couldn't adjust the shutter speed to help with the blurring and such.

I did use the continuous setting which actually worked really well! :)

I tried to anticipate the motion on the light photos. I set up the camera and then took the photo right when we got to an area that had a lot of cars.

I did hold the shutter button halfway down. :) I actually always do that...

So, I hope you liked my weird action shots!

7 comments:

  1. WOW Drew I think you OWNED these action shots! I love how you tried lots of different technique and the shots you captured are quite interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa Drew nice action!! My favorite was the one where your friend is in focus and the backround is blurred. :) I love the lighting in the other ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! :) I'm glad you guys like them! I had tons of fun taking these and it was way cool to see how the different techniques made the photos different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job! I really like the first one, it has a cool effect to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And just to clarify, Drew was not driving while taking those "while driving" shots. She was a passenger. (teehee! photography and the operation of motor vehicles do not go together, thank you)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, that is true...but seeing as how I can't drive anyway I didn't think I needed to mention that. ;)

    ReplyDelete