Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Still Life Photographs

Well, I chose to photograph xbox 360 controllers and games because I didn't really have anything interesting to photograph. Other than them, obviously. Anyway! The photos turned out better than I thought they would, so I hope you enjoy. :)

Photobucket

So this photo doesn't really follow the 6 Rules of Composition, but in a way it is simple and balanced. However, other than just a little bit of those it doesn't really follow the rules.


Photobucket

This photo does follow the Rule of Thirds because the main focus is the A, B, and Y buttons on the black controller.


Photobucket

This photo follows the rule of Line. Even though it is not very obvious I have a light shining on the games, which leads your eye towards that part of the photo. As well, this follows the Rule of Thirds.


Photobucket

This photo also follows the of Line. Again, the light is shining on the games which leads your eye towards it. Also, I think this photo demonstrates the rule of Framing because the light kind of frames the games.


Photobucket

This photo follows the Rule of Thirds and the rule of Line. The main focus for this photo is the A, B, and Y buttons on the black controller and it falls onto one of the areas of thirds. The games are a form of a line leading towards the focus on the controller.


Hope you enjoyed the photos! :)

Random fun fact: The black controller is my brother, Hunter's. the white controller is my brother, Duncan's. And the pink controller is mine. ;)

7 comments:

  1. Wow Drew! I love them! I love how you managed to take something as mundane as xbox controllers and games and make them interesting! I love the shadows on the very last one, very dramatic and interesting! They really capture your eye! I think my favorites are the first, 2nd, and last one :) I think you follow the rule of thirds really well, and the composition is great! I would suggest maybe playing around with them a bit, maybe uping the contrast or something to make them stand out a bit more(: The only thing I didn't really like was the noise in the really dark one, but that's probably just from the camera, point and shoots leave that kind of out our control (LOL controls.... yeah I'm weird. Sorry). Anyways, fantastic job Drew! I love em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel! :) I'm glad you like them! Yeah, I couldn't get the stupid light to not make it grainy on that one. :( Haha, again thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome job, Drew!!(:
    I really like the first one! The lighting is great, and you actually made controllers and video games interesting! :P

    Again, awesome job(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! :) I'm glad you like it! Awe, the joys of controllers and video games. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your pictures?.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures Drew! Your pictures make me want to stop doing homework and play some games instead. You're tempting meeeeee!

    But anyway, I really like the composition of your photos and I totally noticed the light shining on Halo Reach (omg Stein) before I even read that you put a light shining on it. I like how it drew my attention and made it seem kind of heavenly... like "I AM A SACRED VIDEO GAME..."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Keep doing your homework Jezzy. ;) Haha, yay for Halo Reach light shining! I'm glad you like the photos. :D

    ReplyDelete