Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, March 18, 2013

food, glorious food!

It was actually surprisingly easy for me to find food that I wanted to photograph this week! My mom brought treats for her cute little class on Sunday and she made extra for our family, so lucky for me I had the perfect subject for this assignment!

 photo DSC04260-Edit01blog.jpg

 photo DSC04278-Edit01blog.jpg

 photo DSC04259-Edit01blog.jpg

 photo DSC04273-Edit01blog.jpg

 photo DSC04262-Edit01blog01.jpg

While I was taking photos this week I came to understand how important the lighting and angle is for food photography. If there was any kind of shadow on the food something looked off and if the angle was too straight the photo simply looked boring. I really grew more of an appreciation for food photographers as I realized how hard it actually is. I did enjoy myself, though! It was fun to see my younger brother's mouth water while looking through the photos and I liked being able to "play with" my food. ;)
 I chose these five photos to upload because I thought that they were the best portrayals of this particular treat. I liked that some of them had funky angles, while others didn't, and that some had a more shallow depth of field than the others. Overall I just really liked playing around with my camera for this assignment and seeing what I was able to create. I hope that you saw something that you liked (if you're nice I might let you come over and have some of these lovely treats with me)! Give me some feedback in the comments! :)


2 comments:

  1. I LOVED your photos. I liked how you tried different angles. Also, there was a lot of texture in your photos, which was amazing. I LOVED your photos. Fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the texture the crumbs give on the plate. I like the variety of angles and depth of field you tried and how you had nice lighting throughout. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete