Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, April 13, 2013

I think I'd have a cubomani-attack

So this week we learned about cubomania photos and had to make our own! I actually found this assignment really fun and challenging. I decided to use a photo that I took of my friends at ballet because I thought that their tutus, legs, and feet would make a super interesting photo. It was definitely a big task to try and cut up the photos (I used color and black & white!) and put them together to create the effect that I wanted. After a little while I got more comfortable and was able to find the perfect place much easier. To begin with I was lining up each piece, but then I decided to try mixing it more. I ended up doing tons of different shapes and sizes of squares and rectangles.  I personally really like the finished product, but please let me know what you think in the comments! :)

BEFORE

 photo CubomaniaBeforeblog.jpg


AFTER

 photo Cubomaniablog.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I really like the geometric lines and shapes that your finished project has. The color mixed with black and white gives it an interesting feel as well. Your project is unique. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cubomania! I wish I would have thought to do it in color and black & white because it gives it an interesting feel and looks super unique! You did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete