Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Andy Goldsworthy

I was a bit worried about this assignment, but it ended up being fairly simple and very fun! After a lot of thought, I decided to name my artwork "Fairy Tower". I chose to create this piece in my front yard because I knew that I wanted to make some sort of rock pile and my yard has plenty of stray rocks! Once I got outside I decided that these flowers would make a fun background. My tower is made out of different rocks, some leaves from my yard, and the petals of one of the flowers. It's about 1 1/2 feet tall, simply because I couldn't get it much taller without it falling over. It can't be interacted with at all. If it is touched it topples over. While creating this piece I used the surrounding stems and flowers to make a little circle around the rocks. I think that my piece conveys a feeling of fun and happiness. It looks like a little fairy could pop out from behind it at any moment!

 photo DSC07770-Edit02blog.jpg

2 comments:

  1. This is great, Drew. You are right, it has a very mystical feel to it like a fairy could pop out at any moment. :) You used the rule of thirds well, and the background is interesting without being overwhelming. Only note - the image looks a tad dark to me, but it is probably just my monitor calibration. Great job this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the art piece as well as the photograph. The texture and pattern really works and I love that you experimented with stacking rocks - it's harder than it looks! I think you have done so well this semester and I have loved having you in class.

    ReplyDelete