Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

if you say it with your hands

We had a few different options for this weeks assignment and surprisingly I didn't struggle with choosing one. I have a bit of an obsession with taking photos of hands and feet so when I saw that hand photography was an option I knew I had to do it.
I decided to take photos of all of my family members hands in a setting that specifically related to them. Each photo had a different kind of mood and tone to it, so you'll have to pardon the fact that editing is all over the place. It was actually a lot of fun to grab different family members and decide what exactly to do with them. Overall, I really enjoyed this assignment and I'm super pleased with the outcome of the photos. :)


 photo DSC05285-Edit02blog.jpg

 photo DSC05326-Edit02blog.jpg

 photo DSC05356-Edit01blog.jpg

 photo DSC05321-Edit01blog.jpg

 photo DSC05336-Edit01blog.jpg

 photo DSC05360-Edit02blog.jpg

 photo DSC05303-Edit02blog.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Great job on your photos! I really like hand photography because it captures a ton of emotion and memories. I really like the photo with the umbrella, and the one with the tie, and the last one. I love how you captured a single moment in time with these shots. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am so impressed with the way you took this idea and ran with it! Your photos are so unique and I love the way you said so much about the person with just a photo of their hands and what they were doing. I love the different edits that match the photos too. I think my favorite is the tie image and the keyboarding image but this was really out of the box thinking this week. I'm very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how every one of these photos tell a story. I also love your perspective, you can really picture each moment. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get to see all these photos together until just now, and I have to agree they are a fabulous little photo essay, and very emotional. Since I happen to know who all these hands belong to, it actually made me tear up a little. Success! You made mom cry again! lol

    ReplyDelete